Skip to content
- Hayward, M.D. and Bridget K. Gorman. 2004. “The Long Arm of Childhood: The Influence of Early-Life Social Conditions on Men’s Mortality.” Demography. 41(1): 87-107. DOI: 10.1353/dem.2004.0005
- Jackson, J.S., Tony N. Brown, D.R. Williams, M. Torres, S.L. Sellers, and K. Brown. 1995. “Racism and the Physical and Mental Health Status of African Americans: A Thirteen Year National Panel Study.” Ethnicity & Disease. 6(1-2): 132-147.
- Pampel, F.C., P.M. Krueger, and Justin T. Denney. 2010. “Socioeconomic Disparities in Health Behaviors.” Annual Review of Sociology. 36: 349-370. DOI: 10.1146/annurev.soc.012809.102529
- Brown, Tony N., D.R. Williams, J.S. Jackson, H.W. Neighbors, M. Torres, S.L. Sellers, K.T. Brown. 2000. “‘Being Black and Feeling Blue’: The Mental Health Consequences of Racial Discrimination.” Race and Society. 2(2): 114-131. DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1090-9524(00)00010-3
- Emerson, M.O., Rachel T. Kimbro, and G. Yancey. 2002. “Contact Theory Extended: The Effects of Prior Racial Contact on Current Social Ties.” Social Science Quarterly. 83(3): 745-761.